Friday, November 7, 2008

Dost badal gaye ........... ya main

Alive for last 26+ years ........... what did I do in my life in relation to friends??



Probably did a segregation ........... of friends ............. like school friends, college friends, Sify friends, Verizon friends, Nucleus friends etc etc!!



And guess who helped me in doing that ........... probably tools like Orkut, LinkedIn!!



Coming out of the talks of IT in the world, let me come back to what I want to write.



So, as I used to brag a lot in front of my later part of life friends, my school friends core group has always been there and till date we are so closely knighted that all of us are aware about where abouts, feelings, thoughts, developments, achievements, disappointments, love angles, love failures etc etc etc etc etc ............. of each other so much that we dont feel that we have been together for last 22 years!!



But what I brag, I still believe in. But for last few weeks, my thoughts are changing, or the conditions are, or my friends are, OR IS IT ME?



A close old friend of mine (for last 22 years), recently bought a car and did not tell us. Also one of them has been going around with a girl for last 5 months and on the verge of a break-off and we came to know about this recently.

So when I asked these chaps on why didn't u tell us, they said "yaar, itni badi baat bhi nahin thi!!"

Come on guys ................. first car ............. first live-in (if I can say so) ............ are these news not BIG enough to be narrated to your 22 year old gossip group? We are friends!!



So I was angry ............. as in I really am.



But then I thought, am I expecting too much? Probably news were actually not big enough to be shared!!



Then, after thinking about their point of view, I analysed them as me!!



Even they have a classification of friends ........... school, college, room mates etc etc!!

And a mathematical formula:

Tendency of sharing stuff (anything and everything) increases with the decreasing age of the gossip group!! i.e. if the gossip group is 22 years old, you would share with them less as compared to the gossip group which is say 2 years old!!



Not that they dint want to tell, but just that they share it more with a new gossip group!!
Which I now feel is ok .............. why not?? even I have changed .............. I also tell few things to my older gossip group .................... may be not everything but yes ................ most of the things are shared with the newer gossip group!!

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WORD "GOSSIP GROUP" HAS ABSOLUTELY NO LINKAGE WITH LITERAL MEANING OF THE WORD "GOSSIP".

So it took me sometim to find the hidden truth in me about me changing and thinking that only te world around me has!!

Dost nahin badle ................. or rather .............. SIRF dost nahin badle!!

Sab badle hein ............... but 1 thing where I still differ is the understanding of an individual about what is important and what is not .............. as per me, if I was trying on a new girl (which most of the time I am :-)) .......... is a news to be shared ............... as per few of my friends it is not .......... but guess that is what we call as an individual ............... and people have to be different from eacch other ................ otherwise .................. you become the bat in cricket ............. all looking same ............. doing the same job (I dont expect any expert cricketing advise on how and why bats differ from each other!! It is just an example!! May be a wrong one, but who cares :-))

thats it from my side ............... now its ur turn!!

10 comments:

Ritwik Bisaria said...

Dear Anonymous ......... I am happy to see that someone has understood what I call as "Justifications"

You could always put your name to have a 1 to 1 discussion on this
:-)

Anonymous said...

also ... quick question .. in your words ... "everyone is selling something all the time"... thru this article what are you trying to sell????

Ritwik Bisaria said...

I am just selling my point of view!!

btw anonymous ............. it was earlier blog!!

Thakur

Anonymous said...

selling point of view .... why should one do that unless one is horribly short on self esteem....is that the case ....

Ritwik Bisaria said...

unfortunately you can not understsand a simple thing that you are also trying to sell (tell) to me your point of view :-)

By the way, you are yet to understand that even barter system was a type of sales ...... meaning money involvement is not a necessity if a transaction has to be called as "sales".

Moreover, someone writing all comments anonymous definately proves the funda of "horribly short esteem" :-)

Anonymous said...

answer the question dude ....dont beat around the bush ....

Eesh Mengi said...

kya chatu loag hotein hain.. i am also selling sth. i dont know if the buyer is able to understand that :D

Ritwik Bisaria said...

Looks like anonymous is really pissed off with me :-D
And I hope it is a lie too!! :-D

Gotcha!!

Chet said...

T2,
won't like to defend u here...as i'm sure...u dont require it...esp from an unknown entity :-P
Coming to the point...u know abt car and live-in...i hv no idea abt that as well .. :)..and am sure...u r talking of the same group....
To some extent..u r right..in these busy times..we tend to ignore the basic support structure..which is time tested and always to be there friends..this, usually happens during a low tide phase.
But, yes..we shouldn't be demanding. And, sure looks like..we r due a long chat.. :)
mr./miss Anonymous...ur turn please.

Ritwik Bisaria said...

ye aaya mera dost mujhe bachane!!
Anonymous ........... ur hypothesis failed!!
:-)