Sunday, January 25, 2009

Shaadi times

I know, I know, this is a topic that all of "forward looking generation" i.e. ours is most bored to even discuss about .............. and reading about it .............. no way!!

But fact of the matter is that all of us have somewhere, sometime discussed about it (in parts) with our closest buddies in last 9 years or so!!

So all of us know that most of our friends are out in the marriage market searching or being searched!!

But then few portions of discussions that I had with my friends of both genders about marriage and some good fundas and hilarious incidents!!

1. A close friend of mine has been searching for a bride for sometime with limited success. Reasons could be anything. Thats not what I want to tell you.
Initially, we noticed that he was very specific in terms & conditions and eligibility criteria for a bride and with time, the number of pages of his documents kept coming down!!
So we found this whole incident quiet analogous to our engineering.
Engineering College, most important year is last year!! Why?? just coz that is when you look forward for campus placements and some company finally paying for your limited knowledge and their mistake of recruiting you ;-)
So what we call as 8 semester Engineering life, 7th and 8th semesters are most important!!
In 7th Semester, all of us are like so choosy ........... "lets avoid this company, our branch is just one of the people allowed to sit.", "Not this company yaar ........ my cousin says that company is not doing good.", "not a good name of company yaar .......... what will I tell my friends, I am employed at this company?? No one will even recognise!!."
Then comes the 8th semester and we are still jobless ................ then we are like,"Any company would do man ............... need to have a job!!"
So with that description, I call my friend's marriage search entering 8th Semester from 7th Semester (i.e. now, Koi bhi chalegi .......... haan to kare!!)
Now, we have straight questions when we discuss amongst close buddies who are searching .......... which semester are you in?? 7th / 8th?? ;-)

2. A very good friend of mine went with us for a drive few years back. While chatting with her, she came with a question. She asked me, "Ritwik, which one do you think is better, love marriage or arranged marriage?"
I said "arranged". It may not be a personal choice, but an opinion I had looking at the objective of her question. She was definitely in a double mind on one of her recent love related interactions with some other guy so she just wanted a second opinion and hence the question to me.
I told her that as per me today, there is no big difference between love and arranged marriage. Most of the families are open enough on this.
I told her that as per now, difference between love and arranged marriage is only the source of prospective partner. i.e. just that in case of love marriage u introduce the guy to ur family and in case of love marriage u get introduced to a guy through your family.
In both cases you get time to accept or reject a guy. In case of love marriage, before introducing him to ur family, in case of arranged marriage, after the guy's introduction to your family. And most of the families are ok rejecting a proposal after sometime and everyone understands also.
Exceptions are always there though!!

3. Then a very mathematical discussion with another friend:
Crush + Success = Relationship :-)
Love - Success = Crush
So today whatever i look at my school time loves (success / no success is the key) they are called as Crush but yes at that time, if someone had asked me, they all very true love!!

Some Shaadi related fundas that I have come across or discussed!!

Though I believe in this section, comments from friends are more interesting that I look forward to :-D

Happy marriage!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job done ! Comparison of job finding with girl finding is quite hilarious !

Cheers

Ritwik Bisaria said...

Dhillu dost ......... analogy is quiet correct :-)

Upender said...

i think you are out of 8th semester as well now. now everything depends on the company (BJ).