Thursday, September 18, 2008

Job Change

kaafi time ho gaya ................ blog likh lena chahiye!!
Afterall, when I know how costly is the webspace, why to waste it with a blog which has no posts since 2007!! so here I am again back (not sure for how long though) :-)

Today I have a total work ex of 5 years, 3 months and 2 days!!
Man, for a total span of life that I have lived till now, it is almost 20% of my total life!! Is it too much?? Looks like .............. but when u see others in their corporate life, u know that there is still a lot which needs to be done!!

3rd company in 5 years ............ career graph speaks ............ 3 years with Sify, 2 years with Verizon and now with Nucleus. Experience of 5 years in Telecom, and now in Banking!! what has remained in common is only corporate sales.

But going through the experiences and changes, few things that I have learnt:
- Change with a clear view of the next change
- While Changing ensure that the profile is offered as what you wanted (exactly)
- Company's financials dont matter. You get your salaries at the end of month (generally correct since I write this during the Lehman Brothers issue)
- If you can find, check on the culture of the organisation in advance ............ this could be a serious challenge!!

But few things that I very strongly feel now are:
- people who move up the ladder the wrong way, stop somewhere so dont get bothered by them
- never take pressure. what maximum can happen? you would loose your job?? you can always find another one!!
- If you are good, you are a hot cake!!
- Personal creditibility is very important. It is the only thing that works externally and internally so well.
- Always keep your personal and professional network alive. Never use your personal network for your own job and never use your professional network for job of your friends.

Lot of time me n my close friends discuss on a very debatable topic:
What is success? How do you measure success?
As per me, might sound very bad but, I would see my friends with similar education levels from similar colleges earnings!! that is the only thing that you could quantify.
Job role, Job satisfaction is so subjective that you can keep on doing study on the reasons why are others satisfied or happy with their roles!!
apart from the quantifiable money, you should be happy with what you are doing!! Also, one should remember that you deserve sometime with yourself. Keep proper time for your personal stuff (even if u dont have any of it ;-) )

I think this is a long blog ............ an attempt after some time!!

May be ............. nect blog I would list down my list of trips in my car!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good one buddy

Ritwik Bisaria said...

Thanks yaar!!

Anonymous sounds so familiar!!

Unknown said...

Define success kuch theek se samajh main nahi ayaa.... multiple thoughts, interesting though.... i wont comment much now

Himanshu

Ritwik Bisaria said...

Thats my view Mathur ........ ur free to share yours :-)

Unknown said...

I really liked the line:"people who move up the ladder the wrong way, stop somewhere so dont get bothered by them"

One Suggestion: U didnt mentioned anything on BOSS in New Company...

Ritwik Bisaria said...

Are you the same Kapil, who I am assuming?? Sayang!!